- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh jumbo shrimp (about 16-25 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a shallow dish, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, fresh basil leaves and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill or broiler to high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and thread them onto skewers. Spoon or brush any excess marinade onto the shrimp.
- Arrange the skewers in a single layer on a broiler pan. Broil for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on your broiler), or until opaque.